Monday, July 6, 2009

Remember

This blog is a continual story that begins with the first posting in the Blog Archive, The Journey Begins. Click down the list to read entries, and click on arrows to reveal monthly drop-down menus.


Isis, Egyptian Goddess

So, my question was, Why Isis? Why is she showing up inside my head when I had plenty of other gods, goddesses, angels, etcetera to work with? I became very curious about the history of Isis, and did a little research. The first written records about her appear about 2,500 B.C. She was the ideal mother, wife, matron of nature and magic, and she was everybody's friend - slave, sinner, artisan, downtrodden, as well as the wealthy, maidens, aristocrats and rulers. Isis is the goddess of motherhood and fertility. Her greatest feat was raising her husband Osiris from the dead after Set, Osiris' brother, whose is also named Chaos, had murdered him and scattered his body parts in the desert. The story of Isis and Set is just one of many resurrection stories of different gods and goddesses that appear in countless traditions, but I guess it's the one for me. When I read that Isis has the power to resurrect the dead, I realized that was why she had arisen from my unconscious and attracted my attention. I am going through a death and rebirth process, and the archetype of Isis is a mythic resource for my own resurrection. In her hand, she holds the ankh, the symbol of eternal life.

Isis holding an ankh

Devi and I did a session centered around the appearance of Isis. She asked me to summon her from my unconscious, and ask her what word or words she had to say to me. Immediately, I saw a word appear in my mind in big, capital letters: REMEMBER. I realized that here are several different meanings this word holds for me:
  1. Remember who you really are.
  2. Remember to gather all your scattered parts.
  3. Remember to re-member your gathered parts.
  4. Remember to let go of what you no longer need.
  5. Remember to integrate what was with what is with what will be.
I have been working to re-member all of the different stories from my other lives, or if you prefer, alternate realities, that have arisen from my unconscious. I almost feel like a karmic janitor, searching out pieces of myself that are ready to be purified, released and integrated in the perfectly appropriate way.

Ancient Temple of Isis

This is one of many ancient temples of Isis scattered over Egypt. I find it very interesting that I have been visualizing a temple like this one for many months as I do my inner journeys and meditations. Beautiful, isn't it? The only difference between this one and the one I visit in meditation is that my temple on the inner planes is made of white light.




I would love to hear from you. To leave a comment about this posting, scroll down and type inside the white box below the heading, POST A COMMENT. Underneath the white box, it says Comment as: with a white bar that says Ria Moran (Google). Click the arrows on the right and a dropdown menu will appear. Choose name/URL and type in your name. The URL is not necessary. Or, if you wish, you may choose to leave a comment anonymously. Then click Post Comment in the next white box and your comment will be published. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment