Friday, July 10, 2009

Haircut

This blog is a continual story that begins with the first posting in the Blog Archive, The Journey Begins. Click down the list to read entries, and click on arrows to reveal monthly drop-down menus.

So now it was time to deal with my hair. Actually, I had been dealing with my hair in an unusual way for at least a month previous to getting any chemotherapy. I bought two wigs, and wore them faithfully every day even when I had my full head of hair. I have kind of skinny, thin hair anyway, and it was fun to get used to wearing these cool wigs before I started losing my hair. It made the whole process easier for me.

The last thing I wanted to experience, on top of my other traumas, was waking up to hanks of hair on my pillow once I started chemo, so I decided to create a special event that represented the initiation I am going through. I planned a head shaving ritual with thirty of my women friends and a few honorary males, and every single one of them said they would come. I felt very honored.

I needed to cut off most of my hair before the ritual so the shaving would be quick and easy. Here are a few pictures of me going at it in my bathroom.

A little hesitant

Braver

Almost there

Ready to shave!



I would love to hear from you. To leave a comment about this posting, scroll down and type inside the white box below the heading, POST A COMMENT. Underneath the white box, it says Comment as: with a white bar that says Ria Moran (Google). Click the arrows on the right and a dropdown menu will appear. Choose name/URL and type in your name. The URL is not necessary. Or, if you wish, you may choose to leave a comment anonymously. Then click Post Comment in the next white box and your comment will be published. Thank you!

1 comment:

  1. Best of luck with success in your treatment. Don't know if this razor might be of interest of not, but figured I would pass it along...
    Head Blade

    ReplyDelete